Monday, December 3, 2012

Easy breakfast for mom.

*** There are still 3 spots up for grabs for this months Blogger Design eCourse, plus opportunities for great discounts. This is a great opportunity for you to skip the blog designer and learn to do it yourself!***


I have a secret, or perhaps it is more of a confession. I have a major brown sugar addiction. If I can find a reason to use it, I will. It is just so darn good!


With 3 under 3, one of which being a newborn, I find it really difficult to eat breakfast. I have attempted to eat with the kids, but honestly this is the best time for me to get stuff done. Well that is until my son thought it was fun to throw his oatmeal everywhere.. Anyways.. it is an easy meal for me to skip.


I know I shouldn't. But I do. All the time. And honestly I have never been a breakfast person anyways. But I know if I am going to reach my nursing goals, eating enough through out the day is important. Working in breakfast is an easy way to to do this.


Now I really wanted to work oats into my diet, as they are supposed to be really good for milk production. However... I hate oatmeal. Like gagging hate. I have tried it warm, cold, loaded with sugar (even brown sugar), uncooked with milk (very popular here in Denmark). I just don't dig the taste and I don't dig the texture of cooked oatmeal. Blegh...


But... one tired morning I was starving and looking for something to eat. I had some natural yogurt  so dry oats... and brown sugar. Who knew this combination would actually be good. But I swear... it is awesome! So yummy, and so easy to make.


Throw some oats in a bowl. Cover with yogurt. Add a spoon full of brown sugar. Mix and eat.


Easy, quick, and sorta healthy breakfast. And so much potential  You could add whatever to this to make it better. Fruit for one. I also like to add almonds. One night I mixed up some, added some almond flour and some frozen raspberries. It made a great dessert.


Sorry, I didn't take any pictures. I ate mine too fast this morning


Do you have some sort of mom on the go easy breakfast? I would love to hear what it is.



The Life Of Faith




No comments:

Post a Comment