I have been thinking about doing one of these for a while now. Mostly because it feels like everyone on my instagram feed is doing it, and I feel like I am missing out. I generally hate running, but I don't want to hate it. You knows those videos of that fit hot woman (or even better man) running down the beach, happy look on their face.. yeah I want to be that girl. Expect minus the beach.. running in sand sucks! And I don't have a beach to run on.
I need some sort of exercise routine. I want something that I can do on my own time, that is flexible and something I can do on my own. Running seems to fit that. So... I am going to become a runner.
I hope that it will help rid of the last bit of baby weight that I can not seem to ditch this time around. I hope that it will help me just feel better in general. I hope that I stick with it. I am bad with sticking with any sort of exercise plan.
But... I think I can do this one. I did my first run this morning. I am super proud, I did the whole thing. I did not cheat on it once. Go me! I was so proud that I even instagramed a picture of my red, post run face.
Here are a couple of things that I learned though..
1. I need a sports bra to contain my milk boobs. I am sure all the bouncing was distracting to anyone who drove by.
2. Um... I can feel my muffin top (especially in the hip area) bouncing... not cool!
3. I need somewhere to put my phone. I accidently grabbed the headphone cords and ripped the phone out of my other hand and my headphones off.
4. I will not die after running.
5. I need to focus more on my music and less on the actually running.
6. The second half is much easier. I can not explain how excited I was when my app told me I was halfway and I could turn around.
7. I really need to shave my legs more often if I am going to be wearing shorts. Seriously I am not sure when the last time was and it was a bit embarrassing to be out running with my massively hairy legs.
8. I kind of enjoyed it.
So to keep myself accountable I am going to do something unthinkable.. I am going to share some before pictures with you. Even the ones that show a bit of my butt. Here they are:
And I just thought about how I should have done a side picture.. next week. I am going to update each week with my progress.
My starting weight: 61kg / 134.4lb
My goal weight: 55kg / 121lb
App I am using: C25K - 5K Trainer Free for android. I will let you know how I like it once I am further in the program. First impression.. I like it and super easy to use.