Monday, March 11, 2013

She's 3

Okay, I know I still have to post about Julius's birthday, but I don't have a recent picture of him, so I a going to start with Elisabeth.

My baby girl turned 3 last week. 3! I can't believe it. Where has the time gone? Where has my baby girl gone and who is this little preschooler running around my house?

I miss these days:
Now she has turned into this:


Isn't she beautiful! I think she is stunning.

I have a love/hate feeling about this stage she is in. The older she gets, the more independent she gets, the more she is able to speak.... the more her stubbornness shines through. She is very much like me. She is very hard headed. Once she has decided she is going to do something... she is going to do it. Plain and simple.

It frustrates and pushes me to limits I never knew I had. For once, I would like her to stop doing something the first (heck even the second or third ) time I say stop. I know it won't always be like this. And I try to see it has a good thing. She will be a strong girl.

This time is also kind of magical. We are really starting to get to know our daughter. We are finally starting to be able to have conversations with her, as her speech improves. She can be very sweet when she wants too, and a lot of fun. It is exciting to get to know her and catch glimpses of who she could be.

So Happy Belated Birthday to my first born, Elisabeth.



2 comments:

  1. STUNNING. You hit the nail on the head! :)
    Katie~
    http://dysfunctionsjunction.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is precious! Thanks for stopping by my blog & following! I'm following you through GFC & Twitter! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete